Zidoo released new beta firmware for their model Zidoo X9S.
It took me three days to figure out how to create working APKs for the Android 6/7.1 devices based on the Android 9 code from the Z9X firmware v6.0.35.
Update 2020-09-10: Since Zidoo released an update for Z9S with even more current versions of their apps, the use of modded APKs is not necessary for now.
As precondition you should read my guide “How to uninstall a system application on Zidoo Android 6/7.1 based devices“. It will show you how to root your device and how to use the Android Terminal Emulator. Don’t install the modded APK directly eg. with ApkInstaller or you will end up with missing permissions! execute Terminal … Read more
On Android there are system apps and user apps. System apps are stored in the system partition and user apps in the user partition. For security reason you cannot alter the system partition as a user. That is the reason why a user can not uninstall system apps. The app menu for Home Theater, Music … Read more
jjm2473 released an updated version of his Openwrt Build for Zidoo RTD1295 and RTD1296 based models.
This guide is intended to show you how to create screenshots on your Zidoo Player.
This guide describes how to verify the integrity of a Zidoo Firmware file by checking the MD5/SHA-256 checksum file.
After seeing the question regarding “how to create a backup of my Home Theater data” repeatedly on the Zidoo Forum I’ve decided to write a guide.
- new stable firmware v2.1.40 for Zidoo X8
- new stable firmware v2.1.40 for Zidoo X9S
- new stable firmware v2.1.40 for Zidoo X10
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo Z9S
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo Z10
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo X20
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo X20 Pro
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo Z1000
- new stable firmware v2.3.32 for Zidoo UHD2000