With the X9S Beta Firmware v2.1.42 Zidoo updated Home Theater to Version v4.0.17
With the Z1000 Beta Firmware v2.3.35 Zidoo updated Home Theater to Version v4.0.12
It took me three days to figure out how to create working APKs for the Android 6/7.1 devices based on the Android 9 code from the Z9X firmware v6.0.35.
Update 2020-09-10: Since Zidoo released an update for Z9S with even more current versions of their apps, the use of modded APKs is not necessary for now.
As precondition you should read my guide “How to uninstall a system application on Zidoo Android 6/7.1 based devices“. It will show you how to root your device and how to use the Android Terminal Emulator. Don’t install the modded APK directly eg. with ApkInstaller or you will end up with missing permissions! execute Terminal … Read more
On Android there are system apps and user apps. System apps are stored in the system partition and user apps in the user partition. For security reason you cannot alter the system partition as a user. That is the reason why a user can not uninstall system apps. The app menu for Home Theater, Music … Read more
- new beta firmware v6.0.35_G and v6.0.35 for Zidoo
- new beta firmware v6.0.35_G and v6.0.35 for Zidoo Z10 Pro
- new beta firmware v6.0.35_G and v6.0.35 for Zidoo Z1000 Pro
- Provide OneDrive download links to 7zipped APK bundles for new firmware
- Since the APKs might not be compatible between the Android versions (6, 7.1, 9) I’ve added different columns per version
Eg. Home Theater 4.0.7 and Music Player 6.7.1 from the Android 9 firmware don’t work on the older models yet
- Provide OneDrive download links to 7zipped APK bundles for all firmware
ZDMC v18.8 has been released together with the latest firmware for . It has been confirmed that ZDMC v18.8 works on Android 6, 7.1 and 9 models.
- new beta firmware v6.0.30 for Zidoo
- new beta firmware v6.0.30_G for Zidoo
- new beta firmware v6.0.22_G for Zidoo Z10 Pro
- new beta firmware v6.0.22_G for Zidoo Z1000 Pro