HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder available for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
HandBrake takes videos you already have and makes new ones that work on your mobile phone, tablet, TV media player, game console, computer, or web browser—nearly anything that supports modern video formats.
HandBrake works with most common video files and formats, including ones created by consumer and professional video cameras, mobile devices such as phones and tablets, game and computer screen recordings, and DVD and Blu-ray discs. HandBrake leverages tools such as FFmpeg, x264, and x265 to create new MP4 or MKV video files from these Sources.https://handbrake.fr
|Official Download (Windows x64 64 bit)|
|Alternative Download (Windows x64 64 bit)|
For additional platforms please visit https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
- Improvements and fixes around colour bit-depth handling.
- Fixed various issues where incorrect colour information could be written during muxing.
- Fixed corrupted video output when decoding HDR10 content with QuickSync
- Fixed a slight subtitle colour shift issue when using libass
- Fixed a build system errors that could cause failures linking libbluray
- Fixed incorrect documentation URL
- Fixed a possible crash that can occur when applying a malformed preset.
- Added “Preset” used to the Queue summary tab.
- Added “Save New Preset” to the preset menu, and toolbar preset dropdown to make it easier to find. (#3783)
- Added category headers to the presets menu when using the flat display mode.
- Changed the log filename format back to start with the destination filename as it did with 1.3 (#3740)
- Changed tab selection behaviour on queue when changing jobs. it will no longer reset to the first tab. (#3813)
- Fixed a minor UI juddering effect on the queue task list when jobs start or finish (#3813)
- Fixed calculation errors when using padding on the dimensions tab (#3802)
- Fixed an issue where static preview wasn’t live-updating when changes occurred (#3803)
- Fixed a crash on the Audio Defaults screen whilst trying to add Tracks (#3785)
- Fixed incorrect taskbar icon state when running multiple encodes (#3791)
- Fixed an issue where “None” resolution limit was not honoured (#3872)
- Fixed an issue with preset export. VideoTune was not written correctly (#3829)